Monday, November 15, 2004

Eid Visits

I had the fortune of visiting a close friends house for Eid. While I was indulging myself on the sweets which were so lavishly spread, many "visitors" came and went. They came in, exchanged salaams, then went straight to the spread, had a few morsels, and then went out. This whole process took the better half of ten minutes.

This was the first time that I encountered such "visits", for eid. Generally, when we visit relatives, its a tedious affair of socializing and various threats and exhtortions coming from the hosts to have more of their sumptuous food. The minimum time spent would be half an hour. What I experienced yesterday was such a "paradigm shift". Is this another one of those "instant mode" by products, I wonder?

I, however, managed to indulge myself for the good part of an hour, before finally taking my leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home