Thursday, November 11, 2004

An Event

Was shopping last saturday with my sister, and as usual was searching for parking space. Happened to find a small avenue, and I double parked behind a van. The guy working in the liquor store adjacent to the avenue, told us that it was ok to park. When we returned, we saw antoher car parked behind us. My initial reaction was anger and I wanted to show it in no uncertain terms. You know how stressful shopping and driving can be, dont you? But somehow I managed to curb my anger, as the lady inside showed her five digits indicating "give us five minutes". Did I mention that there was a baby inside as well? No? Well, there was a baby inside as well!

After waiting for more than fifteen minutes, patiently, till the husband arrives, I decided to go into wherever the gentleman driver had decided to perch his good self and inform him of my predicament, and kindly persuade him to let us go. I politely asked the lady for details on how to identify her husband, and went into the photo processing joint which was adjacent to the main road. There, I tried to find the gentleman driver, and guess what? He was an old friend of mine from school!! And boy, was I glad that I behaved in a civilized manner!! He was a junior prefect in school and he would have expected that of me. It turns out that his wife also knows me by name and reputation. Henceforth, I shall be the most civilized driver on the streets of Colombo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home